2019 GlobalCCU Forum Opening
- 8:45 am: Welcome the attendees and registration for the GlobalCCU Forum
- 9:15 am: GlobalCCU Forum Opening by Annick Renaud-Coulon, President of Univencis, Founder of GlobalCCU, Sergio Alonso, Arcos Dorados CEO, Latin America and Caribbean and Nicolas Uribe, Training & HR Director at Arcos Dorados, Latin America & Caribbean, as hosting Partner
- 9:45 am: Icebreaker proposed and led by Dayse Gomes, Carreira Bistro CEO
Hamburger University - behind the scenes
Compare your practices with the famous Hamburger University
Besides McDonald’s University (Hamburger University), opened in 1916 in Chicago, (USA), there are another six units around the world. Arcos Dorados operates the McDonald’s brand in Brazil and other Latin American countries. The Hamburger University Latin America opened its doors on October 17, 1997 and has welcomed over 120,000 students in educational activities and courses since then.
The mission of the Hamburger University Latin America is to become Arcos Dorados’ organisational culture hub, introducing a continuous Education process for the value chain and transforming knowledge into actual business results.
- 10:30 pm: Visit and presentation of the renown Hamburger University - McDonald’s, its strategic positioning, key activities, best practices and challenges by Nicolas Uribe, Training & HR Director at Arcos Dorados, Latin America & Caribbean Francisco Junior, Dean of Hamburger University-McDonald's and Josane Julia, Manager at Hamburger University-McDonald's Nicolas Uribe, Training & HR Director at Arcos Dorados, Latin America & Caribbean Francisco Junior, Dean of Hamburger University-McDonald's Josane Juliao, Manager at Hamburger University-McDonald's
Training & HR Director at Arcos Dorados, Latin America & Caribbean
Dean of Hamburger University-McDonald's
Manager at Hamburger University-McDonald's
- 12:15 pm: Wrap-up, lessons learnt and conclusions
- 12:30 pm: Stéphane Pineau, Training Orchestra CEO, USA, France, UK
Innovating ILT: Technology to Boost Your Learning Tech Stack
Instructor-led training (ILT) is effective and engaging, but costly—accounting for an average of 70% of training budgets. As the market continually invests in the best LMSs and other shiny new solutions, organizations are still managing ILT manually, leaving behind huge opportunities for innovation, optimization and cost savings.
Training Orchestra’s award-winning Training Resource Management System (TRMS), with 600+ clients worldwide, is revolutionizing the way ILT is managed. As a compliment to the LMS, the system helps organizations increase resource use, optimize session scheduling, and track and control costs in real time.
Find out how to boost your learning tech stack and gain control over training operations by innovating ILT so you can, "Train More with Less."
- 1:00 pm: Informal networking buffet
Artificial Intelligence’s value
in Learning and Development
Learn from experts’ knowledge and reflections
Debate on the practices of your peers and partners
on this subject that will definitely shape the future of the profession
Associated with Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has become a major and global issue in the 21st century, the key to all economic and political powers. Corporate Universities, whose very essence is to challenge and implement business strategies, need to think about how AI will radically alter the world of corporate learning in the years ahead. Many of them are already hard at work in the field.
If AI does allow Corporate Universities to make considerable leaps forward in Learning & Development, it will also bring its share of difficulties that are not visible a priori. What will be left for the human that the machine will not do - Intuition? Empathy? Creativity? Courage? How will the Corporate University juggle the different paradoxes of this on-going technological revolution and its seemingly unlimited fields of possibility, with the imperious need to remain a deeply human intermediary at the heart of the organisation that no CFO will ever want to replace with robots?
AI will fundamentally impact the ambitions, missions and skills of Corporate Universities, including the crucial one of demonstrating their value creation for People, Business and Society.
This session aims to bring understanding to participants in the huge potential use and purpose of AI, to measure trends in its implementation by Corporate University leaders. It also has the ambition to open the debate at a strategic, semantic and philosophical level.
Corporate Universities are the best guides possible towards this new world increasingly governed by algorithms. They cannot avoid questioning the opportunities and risks involved.
At the end of the session, attendees will have:
- 1. Made a semantic point about Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- 2. Identified the enormous political and economic stakes of AI and its impact on the business
- 3. Identified where we stand today on the implementation of AI within L&D
- 4. Identified what opportunities and risks there are, and what role AI will play in L&D
- 5. Listed key opportunities and challenges carried by AI for the Corporate University Industry
- 6. Made an action plan to pave a way for their own Corporate University in the new learning & Development landscape
- 2:30 - 2:40 pm: Opening by the session facilitator. Introduction of the speakers, presentation of the purpose, objectives and timing of the session
- 2:40 - 2:55 pm: AI, what are we talking about? Artificial intelligence, a misleading name launched in the US in 1955. AI owes its development to increasingly powerful computing powers, the combination of increasingly sophisticated algorithms, the arrival of low-cost microprocessors on the market and the availability of very large databases, i.e. big data, and the enormous political and economic stakes of AI and its impact on the business by Mauricio Minas, Bradesco Executive Vice-President (Brazil)..
Bradesco Executive Vice-President
- 3:00 - 4:00 pm: Embracing Artificial Intelligence. Panel discussion on where do we stand today in the implementation of AI in Corporate Universities and L&D?
- Introduction of the panel: purpose, objectives and timing, introduction of the speakers
- AI technical breakthroughs in L&D. How AI will revolution L&D in the years to come? Some learning innovations are just emerging, and others are already in the marketplace.
- Corporate University Professionals presents their AI and Big data innovative practices.
Dean of Sberbank Corporate University Sberbank, Russia
Dean of STC Academy, Saudi Telecom, Saudi Arabia
Chief of Human Capital Officer (CHCO),
PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia, Tbk.
Global Head UBS University
- Exchanges with the attendees, wrap-up and conclusions
- Brief introduction of the outcomes expected from the Workshops starting after the refreshment break in regard to the themes prepared by the facilitators who will provide a 3’ pitch in the plenary session.
- 4:00 - 4:30 pm: Refreshment break.
- 4:30 - 5:30 pm: Breakout workshops. Exploration of what opportunities and limits there are in AI use for the Corporate Universities and L&D. Outcomes expected: a list of ideas / recommendations about AI use for the Corporate University / L&D Industry .
- Workshop 1: Artificial Intelligence and Assessment Games: new approach to adaptive learning
Vice President of LG lugar de gente, Brazil
- Workshop 2: Limits and risks of AI
Victor Rosa Marinho de Queiroz
HR Director at Bradesco
- 5:30 - 6:15 pm: Exchange in plenary session
- Moderators’ debriefing of the workshop sessions / debate(s) / synthesis.
- Wrap-up and conclusions by the facilitator.
- 6:15 - 6:30 pm: Individual action plan to pave a way forward.
- 6:30 - 7:30 pm: Networking.
- 7:30 - 9:30 pm: Dinner at Hamburger University.